Mini Mushroom Farm Instructions
Ready to grow your own mushrooms?!
Your mini mushroom farm is an awesome way to grow your own mushrooms. This 'kit' will grow 2 harvest but with care and love it can always give you a third harvest. As mushrooms grow, they consume the nutrients in their substrate so each subsequent harvest will be smaller than the previous one.
Mushrooms are ready to harvest right before their caps flip upwards as shown below:
If you have a Lion's Mane mini farm, then you can harvest when the mushroom starts growing 'little teeth' as shown below:
What you'll need:
- Scissors or knife
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Spray Bottle
Where to place your mini mushroom farm:
- The ideal location is one where you won't forget it
- Keep away from direct sunlight as this might dry it out if not properly sprayed with water
- Kitchen counters are ideal
1. Clean knife or scissor with rubbing alcohol and cut an X along the dotted lines. See picture for reference. As you cut, do not insert knife or scissor more than an inch deep into the substrate.
2. That's it! Now it's all about taking care of your kit. Spray it with water 3-4 times daily to maintain moisture. In about 4 days you'll see the white mycelium concentrating near the "X" and as you continue to spray, you'll see what are known as 'pins' but those are really baby mushrooms. Continue to spray until mushrooms are ready to harvest.